Friday, April 17, 2009

Spring Walk

Palm Sunday afternoon was a beautiful day, so I decided to go walking. First I visited the back yard to get a picture of this forsythia blooming away.
Then on out to Daryl's pond where he is growing some bamboo on the edges.


Speaking of Daryl, there he is, across the pond accompanied by his little pomapoo, Kaya.

That dog is simply TOO CUTE!!



She loves to retrieve sticks, stones, whatever you throw. Even if it means swimming in the pond to get it!




Well, I've just walked around an entire country block and am returning home this way. I had to get a shot or two of the neighbors' forsythias.





Looking over the the farm from the road.






Back to home and Rice Greenhouses.






























































Walking behind the barn up toward the old chicken house where years ago we kids gathered eggs from about 6,000 chickens twice a day.













Looking in toward the house from the chicken house.














Dad's dog Sparky. I took him for a walk after my own walk, and boy is he strong. He almost had more control than me, especially when we scared up a deer in the woods above the chicken house!















Daffodils at the edge of the house.
It was a great walk!

No comments: